In the following, the most important drivers of project success are listed in a short overview. The order of this list is not related to their importance or impact on successful project delivery.
Some of the terms are linked to exemplary articles with further information of the related topic.
- Clear and achievable project goals and objectives
- Effective project planning and management
- Adequate resources (Finance, Human Resources, Tools, Know how)
- Strong leadership and communication
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes and unexpected events
- Regular monitoring and progress tracking
- Strong stakeholder engagement and buy-in
- Adequate risk management
- Effective use of technology and tools
- An open failure and learning culture
- The will to continuous improvement
In the shortest possible form, these keywords represent the key drivers for successful project execution.